post 2:

The best concert ever 

 


I've gone to very few concerts in my life, but by far the one I remember with most emotion was one the concerts of the Chilean National Symphony Orchestra that the municipality of Viña del Mar offered for free in the summer of the year 2012. The orchestra performed “The Planets”, a Suite fron Gustav Holst, written in 1914 – 1916. The Suite is composed of seven movements, each one with the name of a planet.

This happened when i was 13 years old, I went with my mom because a friend had given her a couple of tickets.  I remember that despite being summer, it was very cold in the “Quinta Vergara”, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the concert to the tears. I felt that I had never heard such beautiful and imposing music in my life.

The music made me forget everyting; the cold weather, where I was, who I was, who I was with. It was like floating all the time, I could just listen, feel the music and look at every instrument. I felt the sound surrounded me and I felt very small in front of the orchestra. Although many years have passed, I’m still feeling emotional to the memory of that wonderful experience.

Comentarios

  1. Nice memory! I've never had the opportunity to attend concerts like that, but it must be great!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares